Error “0x80070659 This installation is prohibited by system policy” learn how to fix
Error “0x80070659 This installation is prohibited by system policy” learn how to fix; If you’re seeing the “0x80070659 This installation is forbidden by system policy” error message when trying to install software on your Windows PC, don’t worry – you’re not alone. This error can be caused by a variety of issues, including security policies, user account permissions, and more. In this article, we’ll explore some of the most common causes of this error and provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to fix it.
Error “0x80070659 This installation is prohibited by system policy” learn how to fix?
There are several reasons why you might see this error message, including:
- User Account Control (UAC) Settings: If your UAC settings are too high, you may not be able to install certain software on your PC.
- Group Policy Settings: If your system administrator has set certain group policy settings, you may be prevented from installing software.
- Malware or Viruses: Malware or viruses on your system can also prevent you from installing software.
- Corrupt or Outdated Windows Installer: If your Windows Installer is outdated or corrupt, you may not be able to install software.
How to Fix the “0x80070659 This Installation is Forbidden by System Policy” Error
- Adjust UAC Settings: To adjust your UAC settings, go to the Control Panel and search for “User Account Control Settings.” From here, you can adjust the slider to a lower setting. This should allow you to install software without seeing the error message.
- Modify Group Policy Settings: To modify group policy settings, you will need to be an administrator on your PC. Go to the Control Panel and search for “Local Group Policy Editor.” From here, you can modify various settings that may be preventing you from installing software.
- Run a Malware Scan: Use a reputable antivirus software to scan your PC for malware or viruses. If any threats are found, remove them and try to install the software again.
- Repair or Reinstall Windows Installer: To repair or reinstall your Windows Installer, go to the Microsoft website and download the latest version of the software. Follow the instructions to install the software, then try to install your desired program again.
The “0x80070659 This installation is forbidden by system policy” error can be frustrating, but it can be fixed. By following the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to install the software you need without any issues. If you continue to experience issues, it may be a good idea to seek the help of a professional IT technician.